Attention Park Users- Collis P. Huntington State Park is open to archery-only deer hunting from Sept. 15th to Dec. 31st. Hunters may only park in parking areas designated with pink arrows (visit the Hunting & Trapping page for an updated map). The red shaded area near Old Dodgingtown Road is closed to hunting due to high public use. Hunters may park in the parking lot at end of Old Dodgingtown Road, unless the entrance gate is locked. It is recommended that park visitors wear bright colors for their safety. Outdoor Safety Tips
Life-like sculptures of bears and wolves welcome your arrival to this peaceful and tranquil setting featuring open fields and dense woodlands. The park was donated to the citizens of Connecticut by the internationally renowned Huntington family.
Collis P. Huntington State Park was primarily in agricultural use until the Luttgen family acquired the land in the late 1800's and developed the present service roads, trails, and artificial ponds. Reportedly, a small steam paddlewheeler was then kept on the largest pond and is now sunken somewhere under the park waters. A short, stone "lighthouse" still remains on one of the islands. The Starratt family then owned the estate until the 1930's when the land was acquired by Archer M. Huntington, who willed the land of the homestead he called Stanerigg for a state park.
Hunting (Fall Archery Deer/Turkey Only)
Pond Fishing (5 ponds)